If a person says they are considering suicide:
- Take the person seriously
- Stay with them
- Help them remove lethal means
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Text TALK to 741741 to text with a trained crisis counselor from the Crisis Text Line for free, 24/7
- Escort them to mental health services or an emergency room
AFSP is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide. AFSP creates a culture that’s smart about mental health by engaging in the following core strategies:
- Funding scientific research
- Educating the public about mental health and suicide prevention
- Advocating for public policies in mental health and suicide prevention
- Supporting survivors of suicide loss and those affected by suicide in our mission
For more information afsp.org
SAVE.org was one of the nation’s first organizations dedicated to the prevention of suicide with work founded on the belief that suicide is preventable and everyone plays a role in preventing it. Their focus is on raising public awareness, educating communities and equipping every person with the right tools that will save lives.
ColumbusRecoveryCenter.com and DrugRehab.com have created a free and comprehensive depression and suicide resource guide.